OntarioBuys Working Group – Objectives
- To realize the potential of integrated Supply Chain Management (iSCM) to channel hundreds of millions of dollars back into key front-line services and improve client satisfaction.
- To promote the benefits of implementing integrated supply chain management
leading practices and the cost and drawbacks of not doing so.
- To facilitate and support initiatives that move Ontario's broader public sector towards integrated supply chain management Best Practices.
- To be a resource centre for sharable supply chain information.
- To develop and maintain Ontario's broader public sector
integrated supply chain management performance metrics and
benchmark broader public sector organizations against these metrics.
OntarioBuys' four initial target sectors are hospitals, community
colleges, school boards and universities, comprising about
275 different organizations with a combined supply chain spend
of about $2 billion per year.
Over time, OntarioBuys will also encourage other sectors
within the broader public sector to benefit from implementing
integrated supply chain management leading practices.