Ontario Government Online Bidding Update
Frequently Asked Questions for Vendors
About the new eTendering service system provided by Jaggaer
- What is online bidding?
- How do vendors bid online?
- How will online bidding reduce my bid preparation costs?
- What is the cost to vendors?
- Are there additional benefits from online bidding?
- What should I do if a hard copy submission is required?
- What are the minimum technical requirements to access the eTendering portal?
- Where can I obtain assistance and additional information?
1. What is online bidding?
Online bidding is the submission of a bid through Ontario's electronic tendering portal for designated procurement opportunities. Vendors are able to respond to questions regarding these procurement opportunities and attach/upload additional documents (e.g. certificates, drawings) as applicable.
2. How do vendors bid online?
Procurement opportunities that allow online bidding will contain specific instructions and guidance for vendors. After registering on the Ontario Tenders Portal, vendors will be able to log into the system and access the user guide for online bidding in the file sharing section. Vendors can go to eTendering Responding to a Tender Guide available within the system for additional instructions.
3. How will online bidding reduce my bid preparation costs?
- Vendors do not have to pay to review or download procurement documents.
- Vendors will no longer need to print multiple copies of submissions and courier or deliver bid boxes to downtown Toronto.
- You can set up access and permissions for multiple users within the vendor organization at no additional charge. This will assist vendors to ensure coverage during leaves of absence (e.g. vacation).A website, Ontario Tenders Portal, to search and access procurement opportunities.
- The ability to review and download procurement documents without an upfront subscription fee.
- Online bid submissions for procurements.
4. What is the cost to vendors?
There are no costs to register or to download procurement documents of interest. Registration is still required to download procurement opportunities.
5. Are there additional benefits from online bidding?
BravoSolution will provide a variety of benefits to vendors including:
- Time Savings and Additional System Functionality
- Simplified online forms which streamline the bidding process.
Faster evaluations that will result in a faster award decision to be reached.
- Location Neutrality
- Vendors located outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will not bedisadvantaged by having to submit their bids via courier or mail to Toronto daysearlier than local vendors.
Reduced Disqualification Risk
- Less risk of submitting an incomplete bid due to the automated checks withineach online bidding opportunity.
System reminders sent to vendors by email, reducing the risk of vendorssubmitting late bids.
- Increased Procurement Visibility
- Vendors will have access to all past bid submissions submitted online.
Vendors will have visibility into the status of an online bidding opportunity fromstart to finish.
6. What should I do if a hard copy submission is required?
If a procurement requires a hard copy submission, please follow the instructions provided in the eRFB document. The instructions will include the submission address, date and time of closing. This information will also be available in the Opportunity Listing view. Bid submissions that are not in accordance with the provided instructions may be disqualified.
7. What are the minimum technical requirements to access the eTendering portal?
To access the eTendering portal vendors will need the following minimum technical requirements:
- The following environments are supported: Microsoft Vista, Microsoft Windows 7,and Microsoft Windows 8. Other operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS X orother versions of Windows, although not officially supported, may be compatiblewith the platform if you configure your browser with the additional requirementsdetailed below.
- If using a PC, vendors will need to use Internet Explorer 10, 11 (the use ofInternet Explorer 9 is not recommended). The latest version of Internet Explorercan be downloaded for free at www.microsoft.com.
- If using a Mac, vendors will need to use Firefox. The latest version of Firefox canbe downloaded for free at www.mozilla.com/firefox.
- Java is not essential to use eTendering, but it is required for some advancedfunctions such as mass uploading and downloading attachments. Java PluginSun 1.8 or higher is advised (Version 1.7 is not recommended). The latestversion of Java can be downloaded for free at www.java.com.
8. Where can I obtain assistance and additional information?
For Customer Support email eTenderhelp_CA@jaggaer.com or call 1(866) 722-7390. For instant access to online help documents, suppliers can log into the system and check the Help for Suppliers section. This tool will provide definitions and activities related to the specific page that the vendor is currently navigating.