Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Services - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we have a vendor of record (VOR) arrangement for Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Services?
This VOR arrangement saves time, effort and money by providing fast and streamlined access to hazardous waste collection and disposal services from vendors with the necessary experience, qualifications and infrastructure to support Ontario Public Service (OPS) requirements throughout Ontario.
- What type of hazardous waste collection and disposal services can be acquired through the VOR arrangement?
There are two categories of hazardous waste collection and disposal services:
- Category 1: biomedical waste
- Category 2: all other hazardous waste (except biomedical waste), and liquid industrial waste
Vendors will provide the following goods and services under these categories:
- collection and disposal
- transportation services
- technician/chemist labour services
- containers and supplies
- Can these services be acquired through other vendors?
No, the Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Services VOR arrangement is a mandatory use, enterprise-wide VOR arrangement for all ministry clients under the OPS Procurement Directive.
- How are hazardous waste collection and disposal services obtained through this VOR arrangement?
The procedures for obtaining service through this VOR arrangement are set out in the Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Services VOR User Guide.
- Can we use the Purchasing Card (P-Card) to pay for these services?
The total value of the procurement will determine the payment method – Purchase Order (PO) or P-Card transaction. If the total value of the order is $5,000 or greater, then a PO must be initiated. If the total value of the order is less than $5,000, then a P-Card is the preferred method of payment for invoices received
- How do vendors support the government’s green priorities?
All three vendors under this VOR arrangement are required to provide a complete environmental plan detailing waste reduction measures, environmentally responsible disposal methods and vehicle fleet management, 90 days after the VOR start date.
For More Information
Questions about the new VOR arrangement for Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Services can be directed to:
Ontario Shared Services Contact Centre:
Telephone: 416-326-9300 or 1-866-979-9300
TTY/Typewriter: 416-327-3851, 705-755-5544 or 1-866-310-7259